In an effort to relax after the marathon, the boys, my mom and I went to San Clemente for a few days. Ya, I know.....nothing is relaxing with a 2 and a 4 year old named Jonas and Tias, but we did have fun. What did we do....whatever we felt like.
The boys are always making me laugh! Tias wanted nothing to do with the pool when we got there. Fussed and cried till I took him out. Jonas.....he loved it. Swimming everywhere! Everyday Tias got a little braver in the pool. By the last day he was down to step two in the "kid" spa. He thought he was pretty cool.
The beach was even funnier. It was Tias' first time at the beach. The first day I couldn't even put him down. When Jonas would run around on the beach, Tias would reach his arms out for him and scream, "NOOO Bubba!" It was hysterical. The next trip to the beach he was okay with sitting on a towel in the sand, and it didn't take him long to fall in love with it. When we'd wake up in the morning he and Jonas would go back and forth, arguing over where we would go. "Beach" "Pool" "Beach" "Pool"....... He loved to dig in the sand but was scared to death of the water. He kept saying, "Shark...bite". He loved when the signals would sound and the Metro or Amtrak would race by. He'd cry when we would leave.
We played air hockey, Foosball, and ping pong. Jonas didn't quite understand the concept of ping pong and struggled to get the ball over the net. He'd say, "Good thing that net's there to stop the ball." Oh well, but he did think I was the best "bouncer" he knew (I showed him how to bounce the ball on the paddle).
It's been a good week!
1 comment:
That sounds like great fun. I should have headed to the beach his week. Oh Well!
Post a Comment