Sunday, April 24, 2011

I'm Back!

Where have I been? Oh, here on the compound with no Internet for a week. When you have no tv and then the Internet goes out, it gets real quiet around here. It was kinda nice though. I think that's as close to the simple life as we get. So....here is my week in a photos and a few words.Last weekend was huge for Tias. He got to do something he's been wanting to do for a long time. He got to go swimming in Grammy and Grampy's pool. You see, the "old folks" pool doesn't allow "non potty trained" children. Since he is now fully potty trained he couldn't wait to swim in their pool. Oh, and by the way....this kid potty trained sooo easily. It was a beautiful testimony to the theory of "they'll do it when they're ready". Corny...but true.Oh, and these boys are officially sleeping in their own beds all night long. Let's face it, even a King bed can't fit Woody, me and the kids comfortably. They would always go to bed in their own beds, but Woody and I didn't object to them crawling into our bed at night. We just figured, as long as they went back to sleep, no big deal. Well, as you remember, fights over "certain spots" and habitual feet running across the house EVERY night caused a need for action. On Tuesday night as I kissed them good night, I told them they were welcome to get up to go potty and I'd be happy to help them back into their bed. They attempted to argue a bit at first, but it's been smooth. Oh, and they are completely pull up free. Which means, I guess I'm done buying diapers!On Saturday I met up with some dear, long time friends to celebrate a birthday. It was a nice "day away" and we had some good laughs. Always fun times.

Sooo, yes I'm back.

No comments: