Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Run Through Redlands

I love the Run Through Redlands. I love that they have a 1/2 marathon and I love it even more that it is local. It's a good, but challenging course with about 7 miles of uphill, 3 miles down and 3 miles of flat at the end. I wasn't expecting too much from me this year considering I had a couple of weeks where I was knocked out with sickness in the past month. Just wanted to run it comfortably and feel good. I had a lot of friends who were running it this year and some had never run a 1/2 before so I was excited for them. If you remember...this was my first 1/2 two years ago.I ended up finishing in 1 hour 56 minutes with my average mile being 8:55. That put me as the 38th female. A sub 2 hour 1/2 marathon is not too shabby. I'll take it and smile.

No comments: