So....it was almost two years ago when our world was flipped again. I recently heard a friend with a great outlook on having children say something I loved. As many of us know, having kids just flips your entire world upside down. She said, "No, we've just discovered what it's like to be right side up." It's funny to think that when we celebrated Jonas 2nd birthday, I was getting ready to have Mattias in just 2 months. Our family is complete now and I've never been happier.
I can remember finding out I was pregnant and looking to see when my due date was. I remember thinking to myself, "Oh I hope he doesn't come early on Leap Day!" Considering Jonas was 10 days late, I never thought it would actually happen. Well.....someone else had another plan. At 1 am on February 29th, my water broke. I remember thinking it was my water, but not knowing for sure so I sat around and waited for several hours at home. Each time I'd get up, I'd feel it a little more. At 5 am I went in to the bed where Woody and Jonas lay sleeping and whispered to Woody that I was going to the hospital to have it checked out and I would call him soon. Many people think that part is funny, but I guess you just have to know Woody and I to understand it.
Sure enough, it was my water and I called Woody to give him the news. Mom and dad came and picked up Jonas while Woody came to the hospital. You know....everything progressed normally. They did end up having to try inserting the epidural 3 times before it finally worked right. Ya, try holding still through that. Tias was born at 4:31 pm (the direct opposite time of his brother who was born at 4:31 am) Oh, and one was 10 days late while the other was 10 days early?!
I like to think about the birth of my boys and I don't ever want to forget any of the details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I didn't know you're pregnancies were so similar...that is so cool.
love ya!
Post a Comment