Friday, August 7, 2009

Livin' for the Little Things

I want to always remember Jonas' obsession with trolls. It's such a strange obsession and I know it began with his Grampy. Grampy pretended to be an "old green troll" one day who eats little boy's toes.... And it has snowballed from there, as you know.

Every time we load up to go home from Grammy and Grampy's, Jonas always asks Grampy, "Is the trowl here?" Grampy comes up with some crazy answer like, "I think the troll is in San Diego looking for some toes. He might be on an airplane coming home now." Jonas insists on rolling down his window and Grampy creeps up in the open window, snarling and growling like only an "old green troll" can. Jonas screams and yells while Grampy tries to grab his toes as the vehicle is drives away! (We're thankful the "old green troll" has health insurance cause we are convinced it's only a matter of time before he, ironically, looses his toes.)
The boys laugh as we drive away and Jonas says, "Siwy Gwampy!"

Jonas insists that he and Grampy both be trolls to Sophie, Miles and Bubba as they leave. He's convinced it's the best game out there and everyone must love playing it. It never gets old, it never gets boring....no matter how many times we visit.

What do I love about it? I love watching in the rear view mirror as Jonas' eyes light up and his smile gets big (I should be watching to be sure I don't run over troll toes). I love watching Tias peek around his chair before anything even starts to happen because he knows what's coming. I love the piercing screams that Jonas lets out as the troll reaches in the window and I love my dad for doing it over and over and over just for the boys. It's those little things that make the boys' day.

1 comment:

Lauren Fisher said...

LOVE it...and grampys!