Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

This year's Labor Day was hardly "labor" free for me. I guess when you decide to have children even a day off is a day of work. Today I decided to clean the toy room. This task takes place a few times a year. It's no easy task. It takes half a day. It involves reorganizing, rearranging and a whole lot of vacuuming. I've perfected the fine art of smuggling broken, junk toys out underneath the noses of my two boys. Although a few meltdowns did occur today. Everything is a "favorite" around here. Even McDonald toys that are missing pieces. After 4 hours, my mission was accomplished. I even managed to get rid of an old train table that was taking up space. Unfortunately, Jonas came across the buzzer to a Taboo game that he thinks sounds exactly like a horn. His new game...riding on top of the transporter "honking the horn". Not sure how much of that I can handle.
The end result? A whole lot of space to play and make a mess.

No comments: