Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Little Fish

Jonas started swim lessons. When he saw they had swim lessons at the Y, he asked and asked to do them. I finally signed him up and then the day came to go and he says, "I changed my mind mom, I don't think I want to go."
I of course encouraged him to try it and he ended up having fun. He already swims pretty good (for a 4 year old), but this class is supposed to teach him the strokes. They worked on freestyle yesterday.
My overall opinion...it's okay. I was irritated when every kid got a turn to swim to the end of the pool, and because Jonas was last and didn't speak up, she forgot him. I wanted to be that "crazy mom" who yelled out, "Wait, he didn't get a turn! Maybe you should go straight down the line if you can't keep the 5 kids you have straight!" No, I didn't. I contained myself.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of progress he makes. If it's not much....we'll find something else to do. He's been talking about karate.

1 comment:

xxoo Hil said...

I'm sorta shocked you contained yourself.
Jonas would be the cutest little karate dude EVER!!