Thursday, September 23, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. My first triathlon is Saturday. 1 mile swim, 25 on the bike and a 10K run. Someone asked me if there were any "breaks" in between. No, it's a race....straight through to the end. Hoping this "heat wave" isn't all they are pumping it up to be. I really don't do well in hot races. My plan? Just to keep going till the end. No time goal or high expectations... Well, if you know me well enough, you know I kinda have high expectations, but I'm trying to push them to the back of my mind. I'll let you know how it goes.

2. Mom fell yesterday at her house. Yes, I know that makes her sound very "elderly"...that of which she is not. She seems to be recovering and the doctor said there was no major damage. She hit her head pretty hard and bruised her tailbone. She also took a chunk out of the wall, which seems to be the only thing that stands out to Tias. He talks about it often. She's dealing with dizziness and soreness and your prayers would be appreciated. Oh, and the plate she had in her hand broke on her head! Hoping for a quick recovery for her.

3. Today Jonas asked me to guess his favorite farm animal. After a few guesses, I gave up and he told me it was the dog that chases the sheep. He then asked if we could get some chickens so our dogs could "gather" up the chickens at night. This made me laugh....Lula would tire in about 1 minute and go lay down, Marley would trample them, Franklin would kill them and Boo would get lost among them. It would be madness. I prohibit any other living things to take up residence on the compound at this time. Human or animal. Anything that may remotely take up even a minute of my time is not welcome.

Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

xxoo Hil said...

Good luck on your race!!!!!!!! I'll call you tomorrow. :)
ps - your poor mama!!!