Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Just Another Morning

This morning was my 4th morning in a row with a 5 am wake up call from the boys. I much prefer 6 or 6:15, but it seems to happen so infrequently. There's just something about waking up to take care of children before the sun that puts me in a sour mood. Up for a run before the sun...that I can handle. Get a head start before my "roosters" is much more calming.

Last night I gave the speech.
"Jonas, if you wake up and see that it is still dark outside what should you do?"
He knows exactly what he should do...did he do it? NO! Apparently the fact that I told him that when he wakes me up when it's still dark outside gets me in a really bad mood doesn't make any difference to him.

When he asked what we were going to do while Tias was at school I told him I was running with him in the stroller. He begged me not to....said it was so boring and "puts him in a bad mood." I said, "I guess we all have to do things sometimes that put us in a bad mood."
They may look sweet, but I'm telling you, under all that hair and those crazy smiles lies a pair of roosters!

No comments: