Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Yes...I'm Alive!

Although there have been a few times this past week where I felt like I was about to die. Oh, okay, just kidding. It's been busy here and sometimes life on the compound just gets the best of me. It seems like days and days go by when the only time I am on the computer for any length of time is after 8:30 and I just don't feel like communicating.
The boys and I had a great Halloween. It started on Thursday when Jonas and Tias wore their costumes to school. Jonas was a 4 armed monster and Tias was a bear. He was careful to emphasize his SHARP claws, but all I could think of was how my favorite thing to call him has always been "Tias Bear".
Let's face it...there's nothing ferocious about this bear.


Here is Jonas with his friends at school.


After school, we headed to Barnes and Noble for the Cram fundraiser where there was a SEA of children dressed in costume listening to stories read by the staff. The boys had a lot of fun. They marched in a few costume parades, decorated a cupcake and chose some new books. They love hearing stories and would get as close as they could to the teachers who were reading. Good thing I new all of them because Tias even managed to "worm" his way under a few teacher's arms. There is no denying my Tias Bear though.
Friday we hit up the Trinity Church's Halloween Happening and the boys played games and of course....jumped in the bounce house. I think I said this last year, but I really need to think about getting one of those here on the compound. It would free up a lot of my time...maybe I'd post more often. The bounce house consumed my children again on Halloween night at our Harvest Carnival. You know it's bad when your friend mentions that everytime she saw you, you were standing by the bounce house! I told her that when she didn't see me there it wasn't because I had left it, I had only got in it myself. Tias couldn't climb the ladder to the slide in one of the houses....so yes, I climbed in and stood inside as he ran around and around.
We attempted to carve some pumpkins, but let's just say I'm not going to win any pumpkin carving contests. If the boys want a masterpiece, they better ask their dad!I know...pathetic. But, the boys loved them and that's all that matters!!

No comments: