Friday, August 19, 2011

Jonas Goes to Kinder



Well, he made it to kinder! And he survived the first two days. He looked super drained when I picked him up after his first day. He acted pretty drained too (either off playing by himself in the corner of the playroom or trying to take out his brother, there was no in between). I, of course, asked him what they did that day and I, of course, got the, "I can't remember" answer. As the day went by, he DID remember and began to tell me bits and pieces of a place he already loves. He told me how he needs to stay on yellow or green all week so he can "pick from the treasure box" and "we have a bathroom in our classroom and it has an exit door we can't use." The comment I love the most was when he randomly said, "I really like my school mom."

He was anxious to do his first homework assignment. He had to create a "book box" to keep all his books he brings home in. He gets to share it with the class too. I'm not gonna lie, he thinks his is going to be the best. The kid has a serious competitive side to him. He chose a Spiderman theme and we did our best:I'm so excited for his Kindergarten year and each time he "remembers" something, I feel more and more blessed to have him at this school.

No comments: