Thursday, August 4, 2011

Soccer for Two

So, pretty much since the day Tias turned 3 he's been wanting to play soccer. Nothing "high tech". Just soccer at the Y and he knew he had to be 3. He was tired of watching Jonas do the fun stuff. Well, I signed them both up for August. Sweet Tias was so excited, "It's my first time playing soccer!" We got him some red and some black soccer shorts (which he attempts to wear the red EVERY day and wants little to do with the black). He chose to wear Jonas' old YMCA soccer shirt....because it was red. He even insisted on wearing a pair of soccer socks pulled up past his knees. His first day of soccer was going to be great....until he got sick. Check out this pitiful thing:

He'd play for a bit and then come to me in tears saying he didn't feel good and when I asked him if he wanted to sit with me he'd say, "No, I wanna play soccer (with that precious bottom lip hanging out). He survived and hopefully by next Thursday he'll be back to his usual self.

No comments: