Saturday, December 24, 2011

What Christmas Brings

Having my boys brings a whole new meaning to Christmas. It truly makes you realize that life just isn't about you anymore. Sure, I still manage to sneak in some of my sanity time, but the excitement that builds this time of year is one of my favorite things to watch. I basically spend each day leading up to Christmas in a survival mode. Make it through the day without going crazy. The boys get so excited for presents that they can hardly stand it. Sleep becomes worse for them. The other morning I was awoken at 4:30 am to the sounds of Scooby Doo. I sent Woody out to investigate and he found Jonas sitting on the couch with a little movie, Angry Birds and a candy cane that he'd already eaten half of. I will admit,its not all bad stuff. Jonas has been diligently washing dishes in the hopes of securing a spot in Santa's schedule and he has been quick to listen. After the candy cane morning, I've been telling he must wait for the sunshine before getting up. Last night, when I reminded him, he answered with, "OK mom, and I'd better listen to your words or Santa may skip me."
Yesterday we passed some time by helping Woody work on the pump track he's building for the boys. Jonas is, of course, a pro. Tias tries to ride his trike on it or he just runs it. I even took a couple of laps on Woody's jump bike. I'll admit, I ate dirt just shortly after this picture was taken.
But....we've made it to Christmas Eve. We will head to Grammy's later and the madness will begin.

1 comment:

The Zoo Keeper said...

Why didn't he get a picture of you down? That would have brought us all a good laugh! :)