Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's that time again

Is anyone else as excited for the holidays as I am? I just realized that next week is Thanksgiving and with that comes hanging out with the fam and....great food (go away fat girl). I am very excited to get the artificial tree I bought on sale last year out and see what that baby looks like. I'm excited for Jonas' 3rd b-day and Tias' first X-mas. I'm even excited about the Starbucks imfamous red holiday cup. I love the stores that are filled with X-mas decorations and the X-mas music that plays in the background. The only thing that is missing is holiday weather. I hope that comes sooner than later. I think a lot of the excitment stems from the fact that this will be our first X-mas as a complete family. I will use all four of my stockings and begin the official traditions that will carry on for years. Jonas and I have been talking about Jesus' birthday and he asked if he was going to have a cake. I thought it would be fun if we made Jesus a cake on X-mas Eve and then ate a piece on X-mas morning. Jonas is excited. (Me too)

2 comments:

with love, the fishers said...

I love the Jesus cake idea! So great.

Andrea Dennistoun said...

How fun!! I am with you!! I am absolutely thrilled that it's Christmas time...I have been ready since August! I think that like you, I am most excited, because it is my first Christmas in my own home with my husband and we can start our own traditions too! YAY FOR JESUS' BISRTHDAY!!