Saturday, November 29, 2008

Love and Logic Backfires

For those of you who have never heard of Love and Logic, it is a parenting style that I, personally, swear by. I use it at home, and in my classroom. Today, my two year old turned it around on me for the first time ever (and that includes all children).

Jonas was jumping from the headboard of his toddler bed onto the mattress. I told him that didn't look safe and that I hoped he didn't hit his head. He said, "My won't." He continued to jump and I told him that I didn't think that was good for the bed and he said, "Ya it is." I now had to go in for the dangerous ammo... you know, the kind you hope you don't have to carry out. I said, "Gosh, if your going to choose not to take care of your bed, I'm happy to give it to someone who will." He quietly got off his bed, walked over to his brother and put his hands on Tias' head and said, "If I choose to not take care of my brover, will you give him away?" How do you respond to that logic????

1 comment:

Frates Baby Farm said...

Ha! He caught on! Time to re-group and figure out Plan B. Jonas is getting sneaky.