Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve

We celebrate our Savior's birth with my family on the eve of Christmas, as we always do. Today we sat down and feasted on our traditional Christmas meal, which consisted of ham, baked potatoes, green beans, corn, cole slaw, sweet potato souffle and rolls. It was awesome! And we were happy we didn't have to barbecue anything this time. Jonas had a bit of a rough time....he had no nap. We managed to make it through the evening without any huge brawls (like last year) and Sophie and Jonas were excited about their new "outfits".Anyone who knows them knows that she is "all girl" and he is "all boy"! But man, they love each other. And we, as a family, are in love with them!
Woody received great news this evening. He was recently a part of a winning race team down in Mexico. They needed a lot of help and Woody was more than happy to lend his skills. After watching video from the race, the owner of the team was impressed with Woody and has asked him to be a permanent part of the team. Basically, this means he gets to work with one of the best teams out there doing what he loves. I love to see an awesome thing like this happen for him because he is so passionate about what he does and is very good at it.

This Christmas, I feel more blessed than ever and I take great comfort in knowing that I have God to thank for my endless list of blessings. As the new year begins, I will continue to thank Him daily and strive to be more like Him each day.

No comments: