If you thought you were busy in December, let me let you in on what a typical December is for me.
The celebrating begins with Jonas' birthday on the 14th. Three days later, we get together for Woody's birthday. Three days later....my mom's birthday. The month continues with Woody's dad's birthday on Christmas Eve, and then Jesus' birthday. Five birthdays in ten days.
Last night Woody turned 32. He thinks he's old...I told him if he feels old now, he's really going to be in bad shape when he actually is old. We barbecued steak in the freezing temps and then enjoyed watching the snow fall as it only does about once every five years.
Although this may seem like an extremely busy time of year, it is by far my most favorite. I love being able to celebrate and spend these days with our family. I love seeing the smiles on Jonas' face as everyone opens presents and blows out candles. But most of all, I love teaching him what this time of year is really about... (And that's not how a pudgy elf with a white breard dresses up in a red suit and amazingly delivers all the gifts in one night, thanks to his magic sled and reindeer).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment