Sunday, December 7, 2008

What Kids Do To You

Today, the boys and I went to a birthday party in Laguna Nigel. I am happy to say that everything was a success. You may wonder why I say this and I guess I am ready to openly share a rather embarrassing thing (or two) with everyone. (Some of you may know this story already) You see, I have this dear friend I went to college with and the only time we see each other is twice a year (at her kids birthday parties). Once in June and once in December. I was especially looking forward to seeing her this past June so she could meet Mattias. The party was set to be at this really cool "kids place" where there was tons of things for kids to play with... you know, the places where they leave exausted. I had worked the place up to Jonas and he was so excited for the party. I packed up the kids, gassed up the car (at this time it was around $5/gallon), gathered my money for the toll roads and set off! Got down there and pulled into the parking lot and... ya, I was a week early! Jonas was crying, I couldn't believe it!
Week goes by, the next Sunday comes, I pack up the kids, gas up the car and gather my toll road money. Got down there and pulled into the parking lot, and ya, I was a day late! Jonas and I were crying!!! Yes, your welcome to laugh....now. I had it much more together before I had two children!
So, now you get why I say "everything was a success." Today's party has tons of giant inflatable
jumpers and slides. Jonas couldn't get through the door fast enough. He loves jumpers!!! I threw Tias in a sling and went in tooJonas climbing the wallWe all had fun sliding down this huge slideTias even climbed around a bit
So, I have come to realize that having children not only takes a toll on your body but also your mind. R.I.P mind.

No comments: