The compound is happy again.... Yesterday morning, Boo got out of the fence and was gone. Woody looked for hours, my mom looked for 45 minutes (when Jonas would ask what they were doing she would tell him they were just looking at houses), I looked for an hour...no Boo. I tried hard to keep it together in front of Jonas, but he made me cry when he said, "I will hewp wook for him mommy, I'm a good wooker." He seemed confused as he saw his mom cry, but asked "Do you want to paint wif me?" Later, when it got dark he said, "But its getting dark mommy and Boo Boo will be scared and won't be able to see." He would often ask where Boo was, but I don't think he ever understood the possibility of Boo not coming home. My heart melted when he brought me a flower from the garden. He told my mom he was "borrowing" it. I think he just figured we'd keep looking for Boo and eventually find him.
I didn't sleep well. Worse than usual. If you know me, you know how I am with my dogs, even one as annoying as Boo. We put up sooo many posters, Vons, two Staters, CVS, animal hospitals, Rescues telephone poles...finally our call came around 1 pm today. The posters worked and Boo was returned. "Sammy" had found him about a mile away and Boo jumped right into his truck (not surprising). Boo spent the night in Beaumont and then he came to see if he could find any posters. Funny thing was, his sister in law has a Boston named Bugsy, go figure. We are happy to have our annoying, stinky Boo home (his breath didn't get any better while he was gone).
1 comment:
Oh I'm so happy to hear that. We've had some doggy drama at our house as well. It really is hard being an animal lover sometimes right? I'm so glad your Boo made it home safe :) Love you!
Post a Comment