Monday, March 30, 2009

Heee's Baaack


Lately, I've been wondering if The Woodruff Compound is an appropriate name for this place, or should I change it to reflect some crazy roller coaster ride. Rufus came home today. I left this morning for a run with the boys as I always do on Monday mornings. As I approached the 16th Street bridge, a lady walking in a septic tank truck yard caught my eye and I'm sure you can guess who was following behind her. Jonas spotted him at the same moment I did. He yelled, "There's Wufus!" The lady said he'd been in that yard for a few days. She also said he'd only had a few milk bones. Upon getting him home, we noticed several scrapes and nicks all over. He was greasy and filthy. His claws were bloody and he was very scared. It broke our hearts. We knew he hadn't been livin' the high life for the past 3 days. Poor babe is all I can say.

2 comments:

xoxo, Kari said...

Oh Rufus!!! Never leave again!!

Between the two of us we can create our own dog show for animal planet :) My cat and turtle can be the mascots.

with love, the fishers said...

just when you said you didn't need anymore dogs afterall!
how funny!
i'm glad he's safe now!