Monday, March 16, 2009

Today Is The Day


Today is a sad day for Jonas...today the dentist advised there be no more chupie at night. Jonas loves his chupie at night. We have a routine...read books, brush teeth, two drinks of water...and two chupies (he likes to switch them out?). Ya, I know...ridiculous. But, it worked for us, it kept the house peaceful. My stomach dropped when the dentist advised this. Many thoughts raced through my mind...would he ever nap again, would it take two hours to put him to bed, would he be up several times throughout the night, would the tears be too much to handle? Yes, I know..I'm the parent. I know he will adjust. I just hope the adjusting doesn't effect my sleep too much. I mean, I already have Tias waking me at night.


So far...he took a nap today, thanks to my mom and he's fallen asleep tonight(even if it is my bed). Baby steps. I'm thinking we just might make it through this one here on the compound.

No comments: