I hatched ducks in my classroom and brought them home to "visit" with the boys for the weekend. Let's just call them "Lenny #1 and Lenny #2" (Of Mice and Men). They love the baby ducklings, but I think we had around 5 close calls in a matter of 20 minutes. It looked and sounded as though Tias wanted to eat them...he kept growling and trying to snatch them up. Jonas...well he did a lot of wondering. Wondering what would happen if he tried to rake them or put them in a bucket. Wondering what would happen if he built a wall around them and blocked them in, or put them on the slide. Neither of the boys even came close to understanding how fragile these babies were...I guess it's a good thing we only have large pets. There will be no bunnies or hamsters in our near future. We did have fun filling up the tub and watching them dive and swim. They are so cute.

Woody raced in Idyllwild this afternoon. He placed 2nd...yes, we are beginning to think we both have a "thing" for 2nd place. The race was 19 miles of cross country trails that climbed over 2000 feet. He said it almost killed him.
He is still recovering and has been painfully reminded of the torturous climbs often throughout the evening with leg and even some toe cramps. His finishing time was 2 hours 16 minutes. Now...I'm no bike rider, that's for sure, but I'm thinkin' if it takes someone like Woody ( who rides his bike like crazy) 2hrs 16 min to go 19 miles....that's a seriously insane course. I'll stick to my runs thank you. We are proud of him!
PS Jonas is ready for swimmin' weather. He got these "gwoggles" today and is wearing them everywhere.
He's pretty stinkin' cute in them...
PS Jonas is ready for swimmin' weather. He got these "gwoggles" today and is wearing them everywhere.
1 comment:
sooooo CUTE!!! Miss you... we need to do dinner very soon; this week?
Post a Comment