Friday, October 2, 2009

Early Morning Thoughts


This morning is slightly out of the ordinary. The baby woke up at 5, his usual time and nursed and then fell asleep. It doesn't happen often. Typically I deal with a little boy who needs to go back to bed, but won't. Typically, I go from trying to pat him to getting ready for work and then back to nursing him. He fusses as I attempt to look normal and try everything from toys to motorcycle videos in my efforts to keep my sanity and prepare to face 21 first graders on a Friday. I like these kind of mornings, although rare.
Jonas is zonked in my bed, next to his dad. It's a sweet vision. Dad snoring, Jonas curled up in that "ball" position with his behind in the air. It calms me even more. Gives me time to realize how blessed I am.....mornings like these.
Today will be an exciting day cause my dearest friend Hil finds out whether she will be the mother of a precious little boy or girl. I'm just so excited for her. She finally gets to be a mom. I can still remember the day long ago at Crafton Elementary when she came to me and said, "Hey, do you want to be in our group?" We were in 5th grade and I gladly accepted her invitation. I thought she was the funniest person I had ever met. She thought I was cool cause I had dollhouses. Little did I know, that invitation led to a lifetime of friendship. We journeyed through the remainder of elementary school together, as well as junior high and high school. We experienced all the woes of peer pressure and first boyfriends to the joys of graduation and trips to Europe and Mexico. College couldn't even drift us apart. We lived together in Vegas and did the dorm life and then ventured off to San Diego, never missing a beat. We have stood next to each other through the good times and the bad....marriage vows, new jobs, buying houses and now....we get to be moms together. It's so awesome. I can only hope my boys, whom I watch soundly sleep this morning, can find a friend to venture through life's twists and turns as I have. Now that is a blessing!

No comments: