Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving day began simply.....Woody left for a bike ride and I took the boys on a run. We followed that up with the "not so simple" mission of setting up the Christmas tree. You gotta love the help of a 1 and 3 year old. Tias took one look at the ornaments and yelled, "Ball." He then followed that up by tossing as many as he could across the living room. Jonas was hysterical. He only wanted to put up the "bwue" ones. And they had to be next to each other on the tree. So there is this one cluster of blue ornaments on the tree. Along with tree, I pulled out all the boys Christmas books. As I read Little Critter's Merry Christmas Mom and Dad, I decided Little Critter is a lot like Jonas. He wants to help with everything, but isn't always the best helper. Bless his heart, I love him so and would gladly take his help any day (well almost any day). In the end, the tree turned out beautiful!
Today, as we do every year, we ate with Woody's side of the family. Woody's Aunt fixed a traditional turkey dinner and I must admit, Woody and I were a little disappointed there were no Won-tons. Oh well, the food was great and the boys enjoyed playing with their cousins Victor and Jackie. They were also so happy to see Grandma and Grandpa since they had been gone in Georgia for 2 weeks. We had a great time visiting and hearing all about how Olivia was doing.
It was a great day!

No comments: