Saturday, November 14, 2009

Personal Best


Today I ran 17 miles! Finished in just under 2 hours and 45 minutes. The route was beautiful, the weather was crisp and I felt surprisingly great (even on mile 16). As I ran through Greenspot and out towards East Highland there was an older man riding his bike who was stopping every couple of hundred feet to collect rocks and other odd things. He would share words of encouragement as I would catch up to him and oddly enough, I needed that. Even if it was from a strange man collecting what I thought was junk. Funny how he happened to be there. I kept expecting a "wall" to hit me, but it never really did. Sure I had some foot, neck and back pains, but nothing that overcame my mind. I am beyond proud of myself and have fallen even more in love with the sport. Another 9 miles? It's gonna be tough!

1 comment:

Kindra said...

Concidence? I think not!! ;)
Congrats...you are an inspiration...too bad I hate to run, lol.