Monday, January 17, 2011

Good Stuff

Tonight, I see Jonas rummaging through a desk drawer to find a blank card. When I asked him what he was doing, he said he was making a birthday card for Grampy. I thought this was sweet...even though Grampy's birthday was Saturday and the boys had already made him a card. I mean, no Grampy can ever have too many cards made by their little buddy.

I was moving around the house, getting stuff done when Jonas asked me for a piece of tape. The tape was to hold the quarter from his piggy bank in Grampy's card (cause I guess Grampy really needs a quarter). When he showed me the card, it looked like this:
Now, any normal person might look at this and not even see the half of it. Us primary teachers....we see beginning, middle AND ending sounds. Check that out!!

Yes, I love it. He is learning so much and it amazes me.

(I apologize for the camera....a new camera is coming to the compound very soon)

Oh, and for Grampy's official birthday, it was Jonas' idea to make a "troll cake" for him. We did our best, and Grampy loved it, of course!Oh, dad....if you read this prior to getting the card, act surprised!

1 comment:

Andrea Dennistoun said...

Too stinkin' cute! An excellent job on the spelling!! =)