
Turning 5 meant a 5 year physical. I knew it was going to be a doosy, considering he had not shot for his 4 year physical. What did I learn? Shots get pretty tough the older they get. He really knew what was going on. Not like poor Tias. When I tell Tias he has to have a shot, he just says, "okay." Jonas....not so much. Immediately the crocodile tears come. A built up anxiety was so apparent even Dr. Mailander sensed it. Because of this, I chose to do them all in one visit. I mean, he had already had all them before so I knew he wouldn't have a reaction to any particular one. And let's face it, I only wanted to "restrain" him one time. Restraining is what it took. I couldn't help but cringe as I imagined what the screaming and fighting sounded like on the outside of the door. What did he get? Two in each leg, a TB in the arm and a prick to the finger. Poor guy? I've never done that many in one visit. My most is two.
Needless to say, he did survive. He tells people he doesn't have to have another shot until he's 11. He could hardly walk yesterday....and that was kinda nice.
We've got something to work on. Jonas can't hear a thing out of his right ear. We're soaking with peroxide every other night in hopes that he will pass the hearing test when he takes it a second time in 5 weeks. Poor guy has hard wax and his ears don't drain and as you can probably guess....he doesn't let me mess with his ears. He has no choice but to let me soak them or they will be flushing them on his next visit. He wants nothing to do with that.
1 comment:
That sounds like a familiar shot visit for us. We've had to do the peroxide and flushing of the ears as well. Can't even see their eardrums. Oh the fun of Dr. visits, NOT!
Post a Comment