I wanted to write this down because I don't want to forget the "silly" details. I fear I'm loosing my mind and I'm counting on my blog to hold my memory together. Here are some sweet pics from Jonas' 5th bday party at Big Cheese.
Love these smiles
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Jonas Turns 5
Sheesh! Five years old! I can still remember the day perfectly. I was ready for him to come to me. I had organized his clothes and then again and again. You see, you start to get REAL antsy when your due date comes and then goes and then another day and another. Jonas was 10 days late (Mattias was 10 days early). I'll be honest, I was starting to go crazy. I woke up December 13, 2005 and knew it was going to be that day. I had been having contractions throughout the night and I told Woody he'd better go and get done whatever it was he had to do. I carried on that day, trying to keep busy and get a few last minute Christmas things done. I ate at Rosie's even though I knew that was not a meal you would want to have when you were about to go into labor. I needed it though. I remember taking the dogs for a walk, trying to speed up those contractions. Picture me, 10 months pregnant and walking with Franklin, Lula and Bugsy. I'd have to stop now and then when a contraction would take my breath. Makes me laugh now. I came home and sat down to finish my puzzle (yes, I was a puzzle dork and now I wish I had time to do a puzzle) and those contractions were starting to come strong. It was now around 5 and Woody, being the considerate husband he is, asked if I wanted to go get something to eat. He didn't think I wanted to cook, how sweet (haha). Where did we go? Sizzler! I ordered a hamburger and the waitress asked if something was wrong with it because I had only taken one bite. I calmly told her no and watched her eyes bug out as I told her I was in labor. Another thing that makes me laugh. We went home and Woody fell asleep on the couch and I paced around as my contractions became stronger and stronger. Want to laugh again? I remember going out and petting the dogs while they laid in their beds! Crazy huh? I took a shower and then laid in bed. It was now 12 am on December 14th. I laid in bed for an hour and just couldn't stand it anymore. We hopped in the car and headed to Loma Linda. I remember the girl checking in before me. I felt like shoving her out of the way cause she was nowhere near the discomfort level I was. I waited patiently while the nurses took their time checking me in and when they finally checked me I was dilated to a 7. They started moving. Moved me to the top of the list for my epidural. Gee thanks! I thought my brain was going to explode. I had no coping mechanisms in my back pocket. My coping mechanism was an epidural. I got my epidural and he was born an hour later at 4:31 am (Tias was born at 4:31 pm).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment