Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tias

I think I've mentioned before how motherhood is not for the weak. Facing that reality more than ever right now. Heard back from the pediatrician regarding Tias' EEG and it was not exactly what I was praying for. What I had hoped for was a clear EEG and a Pallid Breath Holding diagnosis. What they found is that Tias is "prone" to minimal to secondary seizures. What exactly does that mean....I'm waiting to learn more. I have my pencil and paper and I continue to add to my list of questions for the pediatric neurologist. We see him the 13th....in 13 days (yes, I am counting). My prayer is that it not a serious issue and that he will grow out of them.

It's easy to hear from others and tell yourself not to think of awful scenarios but let's be honest here. If I'm not doing that, I'm not a REAL mom. Yes, I have my moments when I hear his little voice or watch him playing and my mind starts to turn and my eyes overfill with tears. I have my little "therapy"session and then I pick myself up, dry my eyes and keep on going because that's what a REAL mom does. But let me tell you, it makes for some exhausting days.

1 comment:

with love, the fishers said...

I hate that your having to go through this. But God is with us through it all and his strength will carry us through the dark times. xo