Monday, December 27, 2010

Post Christmas 2010

It is over so quickly. Kinda makes me sad for a few minutes. It is my ultimate favorite time of year for so many reasons. I love the weather, getting together with family, the way the stores look, the Christmas music, the food, all the lights and the glitter. Now that I have two boys who "get Christmas", I love watching them open presents.

Jonas is a maniac. He's like a machine. Pity the person who gives him clothes because he doesn't give them a second glance. Sometimes he doesn't even unwrap them all the way. Oh and Tias, sure he likes the toys, but I found him most often wondering into the other room and dragging out "old" toys. My aunt thinks next year I should just wrap some of his old toys up for Christmas....it would be cheaper.

Jonas said something hysterical Christmas morning. As he wondered out of his bedroom all sleepy eyed and confused, I whispered to him that it was Christmas morning and Santa had come. He looked at the tree and then looked at me and a huge smile broke out on his face. He had this look of amazement, like he couldn't believe his eyes. I thought, "How sweet, he loves all the presents." He says, "I can't believe Santa has the same wrapping paper as you!" Okay, I thought about it as I wrapped, but come on...he's just barely 5. Guess I'll be putting a bit more effort towards wrapping next year.

The kids tore through their gifts in about 15 minutes. We opened and played for a bit and then headed up to grandma's and grandpas to open more gifts. Christmas dinner was at their house and then we celebrated with my family the next day. The boys got tons of toys. But they love them. Jonas was sweet to thank God for his new toys.

I already secretly snuck out some old/broken toys from the toy room and an slowly but surely put the new ones in order. And yes....it's over. I fear the stomach flu has declared war on this family and I may be next. Looking forward to getting everyone healthy for more than just a few days this coming January.

No comments: