Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dear Jonas,

You get crazier the older you get. I really think you are most like your dad. He's still breaking bones at 34 because he loves a challenge. A few days ago, while helping you in the tub, I realized you had a cut under your eye surrounded by a black bruise. I asked how you got a black eye and you had no idea what happened. Oh well.....guess it didn't hurt that bad.

You LOVE superhero and spy stuff right now. You can't pass it up. Whether it be a movie or a toy from Target, you are obsessed. I've always said you were 700% boy and that is true. You have never showed even the slightest interest in anything "girly" except for the one time Sophie talked you into putting on some princess shoes.

You are getting ready to start Kindergarten and you tell everyone that you are going to Inland Leaders. I'm so excited that you are so excited. You are going to do so well and since moms are allowed to brag on their own blogs, I am so proud of your reading. You are already reading like a middle of the year first grader should. I think that's another thing you got from your daddy. Learning always came easily to him. Just remember to ALWAYS try your best.

I hear a lot of moms say how sad they are that their kids are getting older, starting school, or doing things independently and I can honestly say that I'm not sad. Each stage you reach I find myself loving you even more (and I didn't think that was possible).
Love, Mom

No comments: