Monday, February 9, 2009

Move Over Bob, Please!

This boy is completely, totally, and utterly obsessed with Bob The Builder. For those of you who don't know, we do not have any channels on our TV. We do have DVDs. We've got Nemo, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Ice Age 1 and 2, Bugs Life, Toy Story 1 and 2... and the list goes on. We've got a whole drawer full of movies. My favorite is Horton Hears A Who. This kid won't watch a single thing except Bob The Builder movies. We've got our share of them, but sometimes we want to watch something different. And when we do, Jonas begins to whine and beg for us to turn it off. My conclusion is, he does not like to watch anything that has a villan or "mean" character in it. In fact, in Bob The Builder: Snowed Under, Scoop becomes very bossy and gets in an argument with the other machines. Guess which Bob we never watch anymore.

He even insists I tell Bob The Builder stories (you know how he is about stories). These are getting almost as bad as the fireman stories. I suggest another subject, but no. It's always, "Tell me story about how all the machines got stuck in the mud and how Bob got them out." (Didn't I just tell that story and hour ago?)

Today...a new leaf may have turned. He chose to watch Cars! It was refreshing to hear new voices and better jokes. The music is definitely and improvement. Might there soon be a new story request? I think I need it.

No comments: