Sunday, February 1, 2009

Six and Counting

You know, I met, dated and married my husband all within a year. Today marked the six anniversary of that day. Although the day is somewhat of a blur, I can still remember:
1. I cried for most of the morning, not because I was sad, but just because I was emotional. It was by far the most emotional day of my life.


2. Driving to get my hair done in the morning and hearing that the space shuttle blew up over Texas. It was a somber moment... realizing a day I would always celebrate would be the same day others would always morn.


3. I was only in charge of bringing one CD for the ceremony, and I couldn't even handle that. Maybe that's when I started to loose my mind.


4. The Honeymoon Sweet at the Mission Inn was amazing. Never had I or will I stay in a place as nice as that.


5. Jeff Harris did a beautiful job officiating the ceremony. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect speaker.


6. Woody's eyes, full of tears, as I came down the aisle. It's one of the very few times I've seen him cry.



Oh how our lives have changed from that day. The best change has been the two unique little people whom God has entrusted us with. Everyday we thank God for this challenge and pray for wisdom. Six years ago yesterday it was only me, today my family is complete.
PS I went for my first motorcycle ride today and I loved it!!



1 comment: