Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Happy "One"




Today my baby turned one. And I'm okay with that. I can remember Jonas' first birthday being somewhat bitter sweet. I was a bit sad about him getting older. I missed being pregnant, I missed the labor experience and I missed him being a baby. My feelings are different this time. I of course replayed my labor experience in my head and the thoughts about the day we brought him home made me smile. But what made me smile more was the excitement of him growing. I know this next year will bring upon so many changes. He'll learn to walk, feed himself, even talk. He and his brother will experience so many things together and learn to love each other even more. And who knows, maybe he'll even sleep through the night. I look forward to things we will do as a family. I am so thankful for my feeling of contentment (cause Woody wouldn't let me have any more kids, even if I wanted them).

Our celebration was small, just family. Jonas was much more exited for the gifts than Mattias. Tias took on his usual role...checking everyone out, straight faced. We ate hamburgers, hot dogs, and all the other good stuff. The kids were covered in dirt by the end (all except Sophie) and the weather was amazing. When everyone left, Woody and I took the boys on a 3 mile trail hike/run through the canyon. Here are some more pics:


No comments: