Monday, April 19, 2010

Hatchin' Butterflies


So the boys have been waiting for their caterpillars to come in the mail. Everyday, Jonas heads down to the mailbox to check....even on Sundays. They finally came today. In a way...I think Jonas was a little disappointed. He expected something a little more exciting. I tried to explain how they were going to eat their food and we would see them get bigger everyday, he only wanted to put them in the butterfly net. I showed him a poster with the different stages a butterfly goes through, but he said, "Oh, I gotta go dig." He ran out the door. Tias just wants the container open. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on these or we could can some caterpillars loose in the house. Hopefully they get a little more interested as time goes on....I'll keep ya posted.
Perhaps 10 painted lady butterflies will put a smile on their faces.

2 comments:

with love, the fishers said...

where did you order these?
my boys would love this as well!
so awesome.

xoxo, Kari said...

Very cool. I saw an ad for those. Let me know how it goes.