That describes the run I had this morning. San Diego Marathon is in two weeks and I'm getting excited. Especially after such a good run this morning. Training for this marathon has been a bit more challenging than LA. The weather has been warmer, my knee is not 100%, and to be honest....I've had a lot on my mind these past few months. The last two long runs have taken a lot out of me. I've struggled to make it through them and that's discouraging. You see, running is a funny thing. One day you're there, and another you're not. A 13 mile run one day can end up being ten times harder than the 18 mile run you did the week before. I think that's part of the reason why I love it. The training is the hard part. Not everyone can do it. When you do that long run with no water stations, no adrenaline, no crowds cheering you on, it's hard. But that's the point. The long run helps you develop the mental toughness you need to run a marathon. It's during the long run that you learn how to cope.
Believe in yourself and you'll make it happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment