Monday, May 31, 2010

Just Thoughts

So the boys have their new bunk beds set up. They were like a new toy the first few days. I'm thankful they are "getting over" them now. I'm not as nervous anymore. So far, Tias has only fallen off the ladder once. Jonas sleeps on the top, and Tias on the bottom. They like them. I like that I can still put them to bed, say prayers and then kiss them goodnight. They put themselves to sleep and I'm thankful for that. I never thought I get to that day.... reason #150 to not have more children.

We sold the baby furniture I used for 4 years on Craigs List and the transition went smoothly. I was expecting an emotional mess from Jonas, but he was fine. I bought them a new dresser from IKEA and had every intention of assembly it myself....ya right. I called the husband in at step 2. I'm thankful he's so handy. I'm loving all the space in their room and I think they'll be good for the next several years.

I'm running the San Diego Marathon next weekend and I'm excited. Running is such an escape for me. I don't know if that's good or bad. Each marathon I've trained for has gone the same way. I pretty much tell myself I'm not doing another....if I can just make it through this one. Then, the training is over, the race is approaching and I start to think about the next one. I know, it's an illness. I will make myself take the summer off from the loong runs (16-20 miles) and stick to what I call shorter distances. 13 or 14 miles tops on a weekend. Give my body a chance to recover and who knows, maybe in the fall I will run another. I'm addicted to those early morning runs. Just me, my music, a quiet rode, mountains, orange trees, sunrises and a sense of accomplishment. Sounds good huh? I'm addicted to the dedication and self-motivation it takes to run a marathon. I love pushing myself up Sand Canyon or the Ford hills and I love making it through those "tough" runs that just drain me mentally.

Yes....I'm aware of my issues.

2 comments:

with love, the fishers said...

the bunk beds look great!
and good for you for taking a little vacation from running 20 miles ;)

Kindra said...

Your boys are getting so big....I'm terrified of bunk beds, but know in the back of my mind, Gideon will be getting a loft bed in a couple years.
And maybe we will see you on Sunday...from one tall chick to another...you are gonna ROCK IT!!!