Friday, May 14, 2010

Sleep Update

I'm happy to say that the transition from crib to bed has been a smooth one. My favorite thing is still being able to put the boys to bed, say prayers, kiss them goodnight and walk out of the room. I was expecting to hear the feet of a certain two year old behind me as I left the room, but no....he stays in his bed. He and Jonas talk and I love that. I'll hear, "Hey Tias...what are you doing?" Tias will answer, "Tools." Yes, he's gotten out of bed to run and get a tool to sleep with. Then I'll hear the faint sounds of their yawns as their words become further and further apart. Before I know, they're asleep.....for the whole night.
I'll let you in on a little experiment I am conducting. I clipped towels over their bamboo shades to keep some of that morning light out. Yes, it looks as ghetto as it sounds. Its just that as summer approaches, the light is coming as early as 5:15 in the morning and my kids notice these things.
The first morning, both boys slept in their beds until 6:15. That's a good thing, although it may sound insane to some of you "sleepers" out there. Second morning...didn't go so well. Tias woke up just after 5 and I patted his back to put him to sleep. Just as I was leaving the room, Jonas shoots out of his bed and yells, "When is it going to be morning? I can't see the light with these towels. Mom, I can hear your coffee." They were up.
I guess my next experiment is going to be brewing my coffee in my bedroom.

No comments: