Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Exciting News

Last night I received confirmation that Jonas was accepted into Inland Leaders Charter School. I was so excited I could hardly go to bed. Let me just let you in on a few of the statistics so you can understand that this was totally a God thing and an answer to prayer.

Enrollment for this school is done by a lottery system. A lottery system that most people in Yucaipa/Calimasa School District put into because the school is that good. I knew there were close to 300 kindergartners wanting the very few spots that were available. Here's how it goes:

You are grouped into preference groups.
Preference 1: Staff children. There were 2 "staff kids".
Preference 2: We live in Yucaipa/Calimasa School District and we have a brother/sister already enrolled. There were 34 in this group.
Preference 3: We don't live in Yucaipa/Calimasa School District but we have a brother/sister already enrolled. There were 12 in this group.
I used my "expert" math skills to determine that 48 of the 80 kinder spots were already filled by these first 3 preference groups. My "expert" math skills also told me the chances were slim. There were 32 spots and over 200 kids who wanted them.
My mom and I went to the lottery and as they pulled up the numbers....Jonas was number 28!

Although I won't have Jonas at my school, I'm confident this is a better place for him. Class sizes are small and they offer tons of extra art, language and music activities. Yes, I'm on cloud 9 and can't wait to be a part of a great school.

Never underestimate the power of prayer I tell ya! Even when the chances are slim or the odds are against you, there's someone else bigger in charge.

No comments: