Friday, March 4, 2011

Seriously??

So, I should know by now that when I take one to the doctor for something, the other is sure to follow later that week. It happens every time. I should just automatically know that I'm about to shell out $60 in co-pays and another $20 for antibiotics. I really am thankful for health insurance cause we seem to get our money's worth.

Today, I planned to come home a little earlier than usual from work and take the boys to pick out a present for Jonas' best friend Xavi's birthday party tomorrow. Instead, I came home to Jonas' pink eye. That's a first for us. Now me, I've had pink eye too many times to count and am used to touching my eyeballs considering I've been wearing contacts since I was in Junior High. I've got no problem putting eye drops in my own eyes, but I've always dreaded the time my children would need them. I think of Rachel, from Friends. She was absolutely terrified to put anything in her eye and that is pretty much Jonas. Let's just say it's going to be a long 7 days. And I'm supposed to endure this physical challenge every three hours! Good luck to me.

On a funnier note, we finally got our camera. After several nasty emails back and forth, the camera company decided to "will call" the camera. Woody could drive down to UPS and pick it up. He was not happy about this considering diesel gas is costing him an arm and a leg right now. On Thursday afternoon he headed down, only to find out the camera was on the truck for the day. They had no intentions on delivering it because it had been marked "undeliverable" due to a non-existing address. They did say Woody could drive back down at 7:30 that night, when it would be back. So he did, and he got the camera. What's the funny thing? It did have the correct address. It's just his luck, but it made me laugh.

I haven't had the chance to play with it yet, but pictures from my new Canon S95 are soon to come.

No comments: