Jonas, on the other hand, wasn't his usual boyish self. Sophie finally talked him into wearing a princess dress. I think her hook was, "You can wear the blue one." And it didn't stop there, he wore the blue princess shoes as well, which he had to fight for. Now, this was a first for him. I mean this kid doesn't even step foot down the "girl" aisle at Target. He once stepped in dog poop at Sophie's and was forced to wear her pink tennis shoes, which he was very uncomfortable with. If you asked what his favorite color was, he'd say, "bwoo." "What color sticker do you want?" "Bwoo." What color should we paint the house?" "Bwoo." So....it must have been the color of the dress that sealed the deal for him. Let me make one thing clear, it wasn't a pretty sight. It was obvious he had never set foot in a pair of heals before! Unlike Sophie, who glided across the sidewalk gracefully, Jonas brought up the rear, rolling his ankle with every other step he took. The shoes defiantly confused him. When I asked him to show me the shoes, he lifted up the dress and revealed two of the dirtiest princess feet I'd ever seen. Oh, and the dried blood dripping down his right leg from the morning bike accident wouldn't have earned him any points at the Ball. He was a sight for sore eyes, let me tell you. I loved every minute of it. Grampy and dad on the other hand, not so much.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Bad Cross Dressing
The weekend was great. My brother and dad built a chicken coop over at the Frates Baby Farm. It's always fun to watch those two build something and let me tell you, they did such a great job. If you ever need a chicken coop, they know how to build 'em. The project led to some good meals and good laughs together. The weather was amazing and the kids had fun playing together. Tias crawled all over the backyard, eating strange things, playing on the slide, climbing ladders, getting dirty...all his favorite things.

Jonas, on the other hand, wasn't his usual boyish self. Sophie finally talked him into wearing a princess dress. I think her hook was, "You can wear the blue one." And it didn't stop there, he wore the blue princess shoes as well, which he had to fight for. Now, this was a first for him. I mean this kid doesn't even step foot down the "girl" aisle at Target. He once stepped in dog poop at Sophie's and was forced to wear her pink tennis shoes, which he was very uncomfortable with. If you asked what his favorite color was, he'd say, "bwoo." "What color sticker do you want?" "Bwoo." What color should we paint the house?" "Bwoo." So....it must have been the color of the dress that sealed the deal for him. Let me make one thing clear, it wasn't a pretty sight. It was obvious he had never set foot in a pair of heals before! Unlike Sophie, who glided across the sidewalk gracefully, Jonas brought up the rear, rolling his ankle with every other step he took. The shoes defiantly confused him. When I asked him to show me the shoes, he lifted up the dress and revealed two of the dirtiest princess feet I'd ever seen. Oh, and the dried blood dripping down his right leg from the morning bike accident wouldn't have earned him any points at the Ball. He was a sight for sore eyes, let me tell you. I loved every minute of it. Grampy and dad on the other hand, not so much.
Jonas, on the other hand, wasn't his usual boyish self. Sophie finally talked him into wearing a princess dress. I think her hook was, "You can wear the blue one." And it didn't stop there, he wore the blue princess shoes as well, which he had to fight for. Now, this was a first for him. I mean this kid doesn't even step foot down the "girl" aisle at Target. He once stepped in dog poop at Sophie's and was forced to wear her pink tennis shoes, which he was very uncomfortable with. If you asked what his favorite color was, he'd say, "bwoo." "What color sticker do you want?" "Bwoo." What color should we paint the house?" "Bwoo." So....it must have been the color of the dress that sealed the deal for him. Let me make one thing clear, it wasn't a pretty sight. It was obvious he had never set foot in a pair of heals before! Unlike Sophie, who glided across the sidewalk gracefully, Jonas brought up the rear, rolling his ankle with every other step he took. The shoes defiantly confused him. When I asked him to show me the shoes, he lifted up the dress and revealed two of the dirtiest princess feet I'd ever seen. Oh, and the dried blood dripping down his right leg from the morning bike accident wouldn't have earned him any points at the Ball. He was a sight for sore eyes, let me tell you. I loved every minute of it. Grampy and dad on the other hand, not so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OMG... I am crying I was laughing so hard reading that... how cute!!! At least he was still wearing his clothes under the dress. LOL
Seriously...funniest story ever! I love it!! I wish I would have been there to see it. I think I may actually pee my pants...hahahahahahahahahahahaha
priceless
Post a Comment