Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pretty Stoked

First Half Marathon today. 13.1 miles and the warmest day of the year. Sooo proud of myself (remember, this is my place to brag)! Let me break it down...I came in 2nd place. I was 1 second behind the first place female in my age group. There were 33 women my age in the race. I was the 15th female overall. There were 266 total women in the race. I am sooo happy with my results. My average pace was 8:30/mile. My total time was 1 hour 51 minutes. It got hot and the last 1.5 miles were tough because of the sun and heat (I liked the course much better last week when I ran it in the rain).

The whole fam was there...Jen did an awesome job running her first 5K! She'll be running halves in no time (I'd love to see your face right now).
Bottom line: I'm stoked!!!!

3 comments:

Frates Baby Farm said...

You did such a great job! I'm not too sure about the 1/2 marathon...remember it's only been a few weeks? But I will enjoy the 5k accomplishment. It felt good and I appreciate your encouragement. :)

Melissa said...

That is so awesome! I am so happy for you! I truly envy you!

The Smith Crew said...

Amazing job Mandy! You did so aweome!