Saturday, July 3, 2010

A New Mission


I was contemplating another marathon this year. Thought maybe I'd run Long Beach in October. I liked the idea of running 3 marathons in one year, but I was struggling with a commitment to train again for the 26.2. So, I've decided to change it up a bit. A friend and I will be doing an Olympic Tri in September. It's a 10K (6.2 mile) run, 25 mile bike ride and a mile swim. You know how excited I get about these things and I love the challenge. I'm not so worried about the bike ride and think the run will be a breeze....but the mile swim? In a lake? I guess it's these little "unknowns" that amp me up a little. I guess I better get in the pool and start swimming. I'll keep you posted, unless I drown during training.

No comments: