Friday, July 23, 2010

We're Back

The boys and I spent the whole week in Palm Springs with Grammy and Grampy. It WAS hot. Temps were around 110 or above and the low was 85 (I think that was around 1 or 2am cause I sure didn't feel them). We spent a lot of time in the pool and did manage to get the boys to the Children's Museum one day (I love that place). Tias painted the bug for about a half hour. I think it would be so fun to have a "piece of junk" car somewhere on the compound for the boys to just paint.
Our chaotic day came on Tuesday. The arrival of Marley brought us home for a few hours. We returned to Palm Springs only to turn back around an hour later for an Urgent Care visit for Jonas' ears. His fever was roaring and it was by far the longest wait ever at Urgent Care. Finally got back to Palm Springs around 9pm. It's funny how things just go that way with children.
We are really loving our new dog. I can't wait for anyone to meet her cause she's just so sweet. With hopes of gaining weight, she is eating 3 times a day.
Woody found out that it's best if the Danes are fed up higher because they are prone to indigestion problems that can lead to surgery. Here's Marley's feeding table. Note the table in the background. Yes, she's taller than it. Seeing how big she is in life would make you laugh. She reminds me a little of me....tall and lanky.
I feel a bit like a new mother...wanting to take pictures of her doing everything. I hope the other dogs aren't picking up on that. This compound just got a whole lot crazier and that's the way I like it....never a dull moment.

No comments: