I got a great early bday present from Woody. He found me a road bike on Craig's List. This way I can ride whenever. You wouldn't believe how expensive these bikes can get. Oh, and you know how they say that once you know how to ride a bike, you never forget. Well, that's not the case with a road bike. They're complicated. The gears are totally different. Listening to Woody tell me all the do's and don'ts is a little scary. Plus, they go fast! And, I have to know how to put a chain back on and change a tire or a may get stuck somewhere.
I tried it out yesterday and went for a 16 mile ride here in Redlands. Thankfully, they chain never fell off and I didn't have a flat...cause I haven't learned those yet. What I did experience was the rudeness that drivers have towards riders. Seriously? Some people are insane. I'm sure I'll have more complaints about that.
I also got a chance to try out swimming. I headed to the YMCA and hopped in the pool with a swim cap and goggles. Looking good! It went well....I didn't drown. I'm happy to say that it got easier as the laps went on. And it's true what they say about swimming being a total body workout. My body is sore in some crazy spots! It's not so sore that I'm having trouble moving (cause that's the worst). I liked it.
I love this cross training thing. I'm off for a run now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
next stop: iron man! haha!
I'm hoping to get our bikes back in service (they've been on the honey do list forever), so once we do we should all go on a bike ride?
love you!
Post a Comment