Friday, August 6, 2010

Bound To Happen

Well, it happened today. I fell on my bike. No, I wasn't going fast. No, I wasn't on wet or sandy ground. No, I wasn't going through a puddle. In fact, I was at a dead stop. "In my defense"(I use these words often) Woody had just switched my pedals to those fancy ones that require the fancy bike shoes. I'm wondering if I am an official "cyclist" now that I have the fancy shoes? I didn't feel very "official" as I came up the one of the busiest intersections in Yucaipa and couldn't get my feet out and fell right in the middle of the road! So there I am, on the ground, panicing, and I still can't get my feet out! It seemed like forever, but I got them out, jumped up, hopped back on the bike, feet slipping and sliding off the stupid "peg" peddles and got the heck outta there. Yes....it's ok to laugh. I am. I have a few scrapes on my knee, the one that hit the ground, but my body is fine....my ego? Not so much. Needless to say, I spent the next few miles "practicing" getting my feet out so I would never endure that humiliation again.

1 comment:

xoxo, Kari said...

You're right, that convo was a must read before this :) So are you a pro at getting your foot out now ;)