Monday, August 9, 2010

It's Time

Apparently Jonas feels as though it is his Grammy's, Grampy's, Grandma's and Grandpa's job to take him to Toys R Us to get toys. At least that's the idea he threw out at his Grandpa the other day. I think it's time for a chore chart. He is 4 1/2 now and maybe you think I've waited too long. When I told him it was rude to ask people to buy you toys and explained to him that maybe it was time he began "earning" his toys just like mommy and daddy earn their money he buried his face and started crying. He whined, "I don't want to work."
Do you have a chart? Do you use something different? Just looking for ideas.

2 comments:

with love, the fishers said...

I love chore charts. I think they are great. We have one for the boys.

Ayden's responsibilities are:
1) making his bed
2) clearing his dishes after each meal
3) picking up his toys are the end of the night
4) helping set the table
5) Putting away his clean clothes.

Good luck girl!

xxoo Hil said...

Me either Jonas!!