Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Just Shhh!

After 9 pm...it's all I want. Why? Cause I don't want to talk. I don't want to talk anymore to anyone...not even my husband. Although I love you all dearly...I'm done. I'm sure you have somewhat of a clue as to why I don't want to talk past 9 pm. Here is a sample of a two minute conversation today I had with Mattias:
"Mommy. Why...dat...firetruck...parked..inside???"
"Maybe they're working on it...getting it ready for an emergency."
"Why Mommy?"
"Because they have to be sure everything is working good."
"Why cuz, Mommy?"
"To make sure it's safe."
"Why Mommy?"
"That's their job honey."
"Why dat job Mommy?"
"I suppose that's what they chose to do honey."
"Why?"
(I don't answer)
"Why Mommy?"
"Because that's the job they picked."
"Huh?"
(In my head I'm thinking....."Really?")
"Because that's the job they picked."
"Huh?"
"Tias....Shhh" ( I just couldn't handle it anymore)
"Huh Mommy? Mommy, why you say shhhh? Mommy, why cuz you shhh?"

Remember, this only took about 2 minutes. Multiply that by 30 and then again by 12 and you have "roughly" the time I spend conversing with him daily. Of course you can subtract a little time for napping and independent play, but do you get my drift? Sooo...don't call me after 9 cause I won't answer.

3 comments:

The Zoo Keeper said...

You're too funny! Don't call me after 9 either.

xxoo Hil said...

"why, cuz you shh?" -- I love his little voice!

ps- don;t call me either.

Grammy said...

This is sooooo true--I can hear it in my head--it's enough to want to put a gun to your head--but the Lord makes mommas with so much tolerance