It was also a sad week for me. Wednesday we put our sweet Lula down to rest. We adopted Lula from the pound when she was about 5. She was sweet then and when we had kids, she just got sweeter. Unfortunately, her eyesight began to go, and then her hearing. She would stumble from time to time as her age crept up. We figure she was about 12. She had lost a considerable amount of weight over the past several months despite eating twice a day. Last weekend we discovered a large tumor on her tongue which explained her slowness and occasional yelp while eating. We just couldn't bare to see her reach a final stage of suffering. After talking to the boys about her situation, Woody helped her get to that peaceful place and he said it best, "If all dogs go to heaven, than she was at the top of their list." The boys handled it fine, better than I did in fact. We will miss her.
We have lots of fun things planned. The boys can hardly wait for July when we will be renting a beach house on Balboa Island and spending a week in Palm Springs. They ask everyday if it is July yet and then Tias cries when I say no.
I think there will be some days where I am tempted to go and look for a part time summer job, but I will stop, regain my composure and remember how blessed I am to have two "full of energy" little boys to keep me on my toes.
1 comment:
Yes, so lucky and so blessed. Thanks for the lovely post and I'm so sorry about Lula. Let's definitely head out for a run soon.
Post a Comment