Friday, January 16, 2009

Kite Nightmare

Okay, Woody got a kite for Christmas and Jonas has been waiting to fly it. Several days he asked, "Is it a good day to fly a kite?" Finally, it was. Woody took him to "The Point" for Jonas' first kite flying experience. I was excited for him. It was a nice kite, plane shaped with a long streaming tail. Upon their return, I asked, "How'd it go?" Woody's response, one word... "disastrous". I asked, "Oh, was it hard to fly?" He answered, "No." I, still prodding for information, asked, "What happened?" He said, "Well, he screamed at me to get it up in the air, and when I did, he screamed bloody murder to get it down. You should have seen him standing on the hill, hair blowing wildly out of control, teeth gritting, voice screeching 'Get the kite down now!'" Woody continued to recount the nightmarish event. He said, "He sprinted towards the kite, before it could get too high, and tore the tail off. As the kite flew higher, he continued his death scream for the kite. The wind was so strong, it whipped the tail strings violently around him as he wailed for his kite." Woody obviously could not carry on. It was obvious Jonas was not "getting" how to fly a kite.

After hearing Woody's detailed account, I asked Jonas how it all went He said, "It went fine."

1 comment:

xoxo, Kari said...

I wish we could see things like the kids do =)